Thursday, January 6, 2011

from the bar.

So, this is not the first time I've ever blogged at the bar, but it is the first time I've ever blogged at the bar on my phone. Generally at the beach bite I have Maggie & Tina & the bar to myself, but not tonite! Rock Away is an odd little city.
I am forced to watch ESPN info-mercials. Has anyone else noticed that the "Shake Weight" looks like the ultimate training tool for giving handjobs? I never would have thought in that position I'd be building my triceps.
It's times like these when I miss baseball. Recently I was teasing people for being mono-sportists. Im not, but im definitely a summer sportist. Give me cycling over basketball anyday. Those pan overs during the Giro de Italia are a lot more inspiring than half empty stadiums.
Something else I dropped the ball on was explaining why I love pitchers. In a general way I love pitchers because a lot of them fit my sexual ideal- long, gangly graceful animals wearing funny pants & contorting themselves into ptetzel positions that I get to watch. But really, its because throwing a baseball requires attention that I find compelling. It's the stillness of baseball that is exciting. I watch these basketball players, & their eyes are all over the court, they fidget, they take breaks. Pitchers don't take breaks. Pitchers can't take breaks. They don't get to run up & down the feild. They are only there, while they are pitching, to pitch. People who can concentrate, who can recover & refocus like that are incredibly attractive to me.
& I like funny looking folks. That's why Randy Johnson is in my wallet.& he makes my heart go pitter pat.

No comments: