Monday, January 31, 2011

Free Write Afternoon



It's so rewarding to remove information.
When I was a freshman in college there was a girl named Terri (probably in her forties, actually- all I remember is that her girlfriend looked like a bunny) who made one of my favorite student pieces of all time using a mountain goat's skeleton painted baby pink, and that green fiberglass roofing stuff. The piece ended up, well, coquetish. ((<---hey Andrew, how do you really spell that word?)) Ever since I've wanted to paint bones. These have been floating around with me since P. Muzzy handed them off a couple years ago.
So, as I started slapping the house paint on these bad boys I wasn't exactly surprised how satisfying it was. All the staining and flaking and minor holes began to fill. Suddenly there were gradual planes and hillocks where there used to be exploded mine fields. Makes me want to paint the whole world baby blue.

Why does pandora insist I should love Oasis?

No comments: