Saturday, January 1, 2011

Blog Challenge!

So, Miss K and I are in a keep-each-other-honest blog-off! Check hers out- well-intentioneddabbler.blogspot.com We'll see if we can give A a run for his money... (www.oudevoida.blogspot.com)

So, the big exciting news is that I sold artwork out of the gallery today! It was to someone I know, but hey! It's food money! And it was a baby duck! So it was even my work! Which makes it even more exciting! Exciting enough to head to the rockaway tavern after I finish the saturday night job hunt...

It feels amazingly good to be back in Wheeler, listening to TED talks, working in the gallery. I've moved more stuff into this place- I think I would have to get a small uhaul to get everything back out that is mine. Mostly because of the rowing machine and the sewing table, both of which I would be loathe to go without. Bix seems happier here than he was at the place I was house sitting- he sniffs contentedly, even was playing in the open on the gallery floor today, which NEVER happens.

But what is really different is not being surrounded with people. I was very aware of cramming people into both my time at home and in PDX. And though I was glad to see everyone, even the ghosts that were following me, I'm much more, well, for lack of a better term, ME in Wheeler. Where I don't interact with anyone. I've reached a point in all my relationships where there is no immediacy. Though I like hanging out, and love playing games and making music and drinking coffee and sharing ideas with new people and especially singing kareoke, it's not necessary. Making things, doing work, feels needed. Even as I acknowledge that no one in their right mind needs a sequin covered duck decoy. Being isolated in fabulous dresses surrounded by objects I am proud to be near and listening to things that inspire me is pretty much heaven. Now, how to make it last...

I will want to have people near again, soon, possibly later this evening, but right now? Bix and plastic birds are enough.

No comments: