Thursday, February 24, 2011

IWSHIWR


Oh my goodness!



So, yesterday I look up from where I was lying on the floor to see a cute, skinny kid with adorable Buddy Holly type glasses haunting the gallery door. He had been lured by the "ping pong" sign. He seemed surprised that there was actually a ping pong table in the gallery, and agreed to a game (all I did yesterday was play ping pong), but first he had to go turn his lights off ON THE WIENERMOBILE! Ok, how cool is that? And for real, there on the 101, in front of the antique's store, was the glorious car itself!

So, Joey and I played some no-score ping pong and shot the shit on all sorts of great stuff. Most notably goofy museums and colleges we'd attended and speculating on the adds that appear adjacent on gmail...& that he used to work at space camp! (and got to wear a fly suit... that sure beats the hell out of any outfit I've gotten to wear to work). We talked about how positive the people in Eugene were about the car (apparently you can be a vegan and still love the wienermobile. Who knew?).

Anyway, the whole thing was just damn cool. I beginning to really love living in Wheeler. At least there are goofy people to play ping pong with. & I have the whistle to prove it!

(second guy from the right... too bad he's not wearing his glasses...)

http://hotdoggerblog.com/hotdoggers/

No comments: