Wednesday, July 11, 2007

oops! Missed a day!




Either the WIFI was on and I wasn't or I wasn't on and the wifi was. That's alright, the last two days have been more productive, but still just not getting done everything that i should be able to in a 24 hour period. Sure, I'm finishing books, and painting up my helmet, but I'm not completing anything portfolio-wise. I went out to breakfast with Sara Kaviani yesterday, and tried to explain just how odd it feels. i mean i was predicting that i wouldn't be able to get much done in this first week, but i wasn't really thinking i would feel quite this hummingbird-like. I flit from project to project very happily finishing nothing. I have to forgive myself and try again, not turn into a big ball of frustration.

Yesterday I was supposed to get on a train bound for Tri-cities, but it turned into a bus bound for tri-cities, so I skipped it and stayed here to work on a dress made out of hankercheifs. with any luck it should get done today. Dress making really isn't the sort of work i want to do, though. It's more of a supporting role. Or, really, it's more like a writer doing crosswords: it may use the same tools, even the same knowlege, but it's not the same thing. just a puzzle. Still, it's fun and feels vaguely vocational. If i could just accept that all these things feed each other and work will come, and start to come easier and easier.

On Monday i hung out with the applecheeked Ellis (actually Elyse, as it turns out.), and helped her carry oxyaceltalene stuff around, and ate burritos. It's great to see her, she's so happy and busy and young and up. I met her adorable cat and saw the beginnings of her studio. Apparently we may do Last thursday over on alberta, so look out world!

There's a wren ripping grasses out along my weeded walk. Nest building again, I guess. amazing how many he can get in his beak at one time.

so, the next contribution should be in a different state! till then!

No comments: